apple cider vinegar tonic is just one way our farm honors traditional folk remedies. Inspired by Rosemary Gladstar's recipe for Fire Cider, each ounce of prevention will chase your trolls and light a fire under whatever's thrown your way.
Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries
as a natural folk remedy for indigestion and a host of ailments. Research shows daily use of 1-2 tbsps naturally lowers morning blood sugar levels
in people with diabetes, dramatically lowers mealtime glycemic levels
associated with chronic diseases, helps people lose weight
and may satiate appetite
. There is some evidence showing anti-cancer properties
, but the mechanism is not well understood. Less is known about widely reported uses as a cold and flu prevention, but it is suspected that apple cider vinegar's alkalizing affects in the body helps prevent cold & flu. Using apple cider vinegar to decoct ingredients like garlic
, and turmeric
certainly helps increase the tonic's antimicrobial and antiviral potential.*
To make FireRoot
, our farm starts with all organic ingredients and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar that contains the mother, the naturally occurring probiotic yeast and bacteria that ferments the cider into vinegar. This will appear as a light sediment, so shake well to get all the botanical goodness in every serving!
How to use FireRoot Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic
If you're a fan of bold flavor, take a tablespoon of FireRoot
every day before or after your biggest meal. By using FireRoot
with food, you can also lower your intake of salt and fat. Here are a few suggested uses below. Check back for recipes using FireRoot!
- Blend FireRoot with flax oil or coconut oil to make an amazing salad dressing!
- Spice up your chutney recipe by replacing the vinegar with FireRoot.
- Use FireRoot in place of butter or salt on steamed vegetables or beans or blend into marinades for meats.
- Blend with Bragg's, sesame oil, and lemon juice to make a tangy dumpling sauce.
is our farm's first seasonal tonic release this year. Follow us on Facebook
to learn when other tonics will be available.
* Please consult your doctor before using any of our products for health purposes. These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.